9:00AM – 4:00PM
CE Hours: 6
Instructor: Erin Huges, PT, LMT
The purpose of this in-person course is teach massage practitioners how to appropriately use and apply cupping techniques during a therapeutic massage therapy session. The student will learn the history of cupping therapy, the benefits to using cupping as a tool during massage therapy treatment as well as contraindications and potential side effects of using this type of massage modality. Upon completion, the student will have the confidence and skill to offer cupping massage as either an add-on service or full body massage therapy treatment.
Therapists will receive a set of cups to take home.
- Students will learn the history of cupping.
- Students will understand how cupping therapy works.
- Students will explain the benefits of using cupping as a part of a massage therapy session.
- Students will identify potential contraindications and side effects of the application of cupping therapy
- Students will recognize the types of conditions that cupping may be used for.
- Students will describe how to properly care for and sanitize cups.