1355 Piccard Drive
Rockville, Virginia 20850
Montgomery Hospice and Prince George’s Hospice is an independent, nonprofit, community-based organization that serves patients and families at a time in life when they are most vulnerable. We employ RNs, certified nursing assistants, social workers, counselors, physicians, chaplains, as well as professional and supportive administrative staff. We are proud to offer high-quality, compassionate care to patients and their families throughout Montgomery County and Prince George’s County. As dedicated caregivers helping patients and families, we know that we must also take care of ourselves.
Montgomery Hospice and Prince George’s Hospice has created a work environment that professionally and emotionally supports the people who take on this heartfelt work.
Position: Consultant – Licensed Massage Therapist
Type: Non-Employee, Consultant/Contractor (1099)
Category: Complementary Therapies
The Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) is responsible for providing massage therapy to meet the needs of patients. Functions of this position include assessing patient needs and selecting appropriate massage therapy interventions; collaborating with team members on the use of massage therapy to meet patient and family needs; and participating in the training of volunteers and/or staff in massage interventions including hand massage and Comfort Touch®.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Reports directly to the Complementary Therapies Manager.
• Assesses patients’ massage therapy needs and provides appropriate massage therapy interventions. The LMT may be
invited to a Hospice Interdisciplinary Team Meeting.
• Provides massage therapy interventions as ordered by the physicians or Case Manager.
• Documents all patient visits and care coordination in Electronic Medical Record.
• Provides supervisor with a detailed report of patient’s response to therapy or changes in condition on a regular basis.
• The LMT and Complementary Therapies Manager will meet annually to evaluate services.
• Performs services in a variety of settings, including inpatient facilities and patient homes; travel required within Montgomery County and Prince George’s County.
• Licensed Massage Therapist in the State of Maryland.
• Certification by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
• 3+ years professional experience as LMT, preferably including work with terminally ill, frail, elderly, geriatric, and/or dementia clients/patients, in hospice/palliative care setting.
• Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
• Experience providing Comfort Touch®, manual lymph drainage, and/or oncology massage, as well as Reiki and/or other energy modalities.
• Experience working in clinical, hospital and/or hospice environments.
• Training and/or experience in contemplative practice and/or mindful communication.
Montgomery Hospice and Prince George’s Hospice is an equal opportunity employer and always employs qualified individuals based on job-related qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and protected veteran or disability status.