American Massage & Bodywork Institute
Information Privacy and Safety Policy
Effective September 30, 2015
Privacy is of the utmost importance at the American Massage & Bodywork Institute, LLC (“AMBI”). By viewing and using this website, all subpages, and any and all AMBI affiliated websites, including but not limited to the student portal (the “Sites”), you signify your agreement to this Information Privacy and Safety Policy (“Policy”). In addition, your use of the Sites shall be subject to and governed by the AMBI Terms and Conditions found on www.ambi.edu . Depending on how the visitor uses the Sites, AMBI may collect a variety of information. If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not use the Sites.
- Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”): PII is information that is identifiable to you, including your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number, which you may provide to AMBI by registering on the Sites, applying or enrolling at AMBI, or otherwise voluntarily disclosing. PII may include additional information and materials personal to or provided through the student portal by students enrolled in an AMBI program, including course assignments, exams, academic records, confidential enrollment information, and certain communications between students and faculty (“Student Records”). PII will be used to support and monitor your progress through the academic program in which you are enrolled, offer various support services, ask questions regarding your satisfaction with the program or Sites, maintain your academic records, and maintain close communications with you in order to provide you with a rich, fulfilling and personalized academic experience. PII is collected, maintained and disclosed in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”). For additional information on FERPA compliance, please visit the FERPA Rights page on www.ambi.edu . For additional information on PII disclosed in accordance with FERPA as Directory Information or for information how to opt-out of such use of information, please visit the FERPA Directory Information page.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Non-PII is information commonly collected to track website usage and may include computer and server IP addresses, browser versions, pages most visited, duration and time of visit, and geographic location. This information does not contain PII and is not directly linked to you personally. Non-PII will be collected by AMBI to improve the Site user’s digital experience.
- Personal Financial Information:Personal Financial Information is information such as credit card or debit card information. AMBI may collect Personal Financial Information you provide when you are enrolling in a course, purchasing products or services from AMBI, or involved in other financial transactions with AMBI. Personal Financial Information is retained by AMBI as required by law and its internal business practices. AMBI will use Personal Financial Information as necessary in connection with your enrollment, purchase or other financial transactions. Personal Financial Information will not be disclosed with any third party except as permitted to certain authorized contractors who administer the services provided by AMBI, including, but not limited to, banks, credit card processing companies, and website support services. If you are not currently enrolled in an AMBI program and have no outstanding, pending, or contractual financial obligation to AMBI, you may ask that we delete your financial information and we will do so subject to legal, regulatory, licensing and accreditation obligations.
- Personal Information Not Covered. Some interactive portions of the Sites are open and visible to the larger public. Any information shared publicly to the Sites, via online classrooms, postings, chat rooms, or otherwise will be available to others in the class and to AMBI and its employees. Once such information is shared it is considered public and it is no longer held or covered as confidential or governed by Section 1 of this Policy. PII you may send, using the Sites, in personal emails to third parties, including other students, is similarly not covered by this Policy and not included within the protections of Section 1 and as otherwise provided herein. You should have no expectation that content you disclose or post will be private, and you should be careful not to disclose any personal information to others. Consistent with this Policy, assignments, exams and other student course materials may be retained by AMBI in order to maintain academic integrity, and the student expressly consents to the collection, retention and use of such material to ensure that their work is not plagiarized.
- License. Except as otherwise provided herein, you hereby grant to AMBI a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable and perpetual right and license to reproduce, distribute, use, post, publish, adapt, edit, disclose, share, sublicense, assign and dispose of any information and content, other than Student Records and Personal Financial Information, in whole or in part, which you voluntarily provide to the Sites or to AMBI, in any media form, for any purpose, without attribution or payment to you, and without further authorization from you. You furthermore hereby release AMBI and its members, representatives, agents and other employees, from any and all loss, damage, expense or cost (including attorneys’ fees and disbursements attendant thereto) arising out of or in any way connected with AMBI’s use or disclosure of such information and content as set forth herein, in any form, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files or email, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation or transmission or any failure of performance including any claims you might have under laws protecting intellectual property and personal privacy.
- Security of Information. AMBI has put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures to ensure the security and privacy of information collected. However, it must be understood that the Internet is not a completely secure medium of communication. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the privacy of any information you input on the Sites. Accordingly, any and all information transmitted through the Sites is disclosed at the Site visitor’s own risk. We will not be responsible for any damages you or others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information.
- Assignment. If AMBI sells or transfers all or substantially all of its assets, whether in conjunction with a merger, acquisition, asset purchase, or any other change in management or ownership control of AMBI, PII and non-PII may be among those assets transferred. AMBI will ensure that the security measures set forth herein remain throughout the transition, and any changes to this Policy upon the consummation of such sale or transfer will be communicated to the Site user.
- Target Audience. The Sites do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and do not offer products, services or activities targeted at children under the age of 13. Anyone under the age of 13 is not permitted to use the Sites, or provide PII to AMBI.
- Third Party Sites. The Sites may contain links to third party websites which do not belong to, and are not controlled by AMBI. This Policy shall not apply to those third party web sites. AMBI shall have no responsibility or liability for the user’s interaction with such third party websites.
- Entire Agreement. This Policy contains the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior oral or written understandings with respect to the policy matters provided for herein, except as may otherwise be agreed to in writing. All of AMBI’s other rules, policies and procedures should be read to be consistent with this Policy whenever possible.
- Severability. If any term or provision of this Policy shall to any extent be deemed invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remainder of this Policy shall be unaffected thereby, and each term and provision of this Policy shall be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Modification. AMBI reserves the right, at its discretion, to update, change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy from time to time without notice. You are encouraged to visit this page periodically to check for updates. No amendment, modification, extension, limitation, waiver or termination of this Policy shall be valid except with the consent of AMBI.
- Questions. If you have any questions pertaining to this Policy, or if you want to update or correct personal information, please contact AMBI at [email protected].