Worldgate Athletic Club & Spa, Herndon, VA, US
Worldgate Spa, managed by Arch Amenity Group is seeking a licensed massage therapist for our busy day spa in Herndon Virginia located within Worldgate Athletic Club. Join our close-knit and welcoming team of professionals who are passionate about health & wellness of the mind, body and spirit!
Current Virginia Massage Therapy license required.
- Members and local guests who are eager to fill your schedule
- A supportive team and leadership
- Flexible hours to include weekends
- Ongoing education
- Medical Benefits for full-time employees
- Free household membership to Worldgate Athletic Club & Spa- $150 value
- Apply and join our diverse and fun-loving team! NOW offering up to a $500.00 sign-on bonus!
As a team member, you and your family receive a complimentary household membership to Worldgate Athletic Club & Spa. Experience elevated fitness and wellness with 110,000 square feet of fitness, aquatics, tennis, spa and wellness amenities. From state-of-the-art equipment to a large gymnasium to all new locker rooms to a full kid’s club, Worldgate Athletic Club & Spa is amenity-rich. Expert personal trainers, group exercise instructors, and spa therapists offer the latest in well-balanced health. Apply today and join our team!
- Ensures the “Arch Amenities Group Experience” for guests by maintaining the standards set in Arch Amenities Group Basics to Excellence (BTE), Arch Amenities Group Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and Arch Amenities Group Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of Arch Amenities Group.
- Performs massage and body services that meet the established guidelines for the type of service offering and that fulfill guest expectations.
- Performs all treatments on services menu based upon current licensure.
- Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
- Meets the needs of the guest at all times throughout the service.
- Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services.
- Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
- Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and has complete knowledge of all spa service presently offered. Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to guests. Answers guests’ questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Recommends products for home use.
- Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
- Begins and ends all treatments on time.
- Works assigned schedule and arrives and departs from their shift on time.
- Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
- Informs Spa Director or other management personnel about product needs.
- Creates and maintains client cards and treatment notes, when appropriate.
- Completes all assigned side work.
- Attends all scheduled meetings.
- Attends scheduled professional trainings.
- Reports any incidents or accidents to a member of the management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid state license in massage therapy or other credentials required by the state.
- Previous massage and body work experience.
- Customer service experience, preferably in a spa.
- Must be able to build rapport with guest.
- Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
- Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Strong team player.
- A comfort level with product recommendation.
- Availability When Facility Is Open: This could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of constantly to move objects.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires the following abilities: balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, tactile sense, repetitive motions, seeing, hearing, talking, and visual acuity.
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools: massage oils and lotions, hot stones, hot cabbie, hand towels, eye masks, body treatment products, hot packs, mud, salts, paraffin heaters, and disinfectants.
- Work conditions include exposure to odors, fumes, and vibrations. For those working in a facility with a hammam, this would include working with water and steam in hot temperatures.
Salary: Commission 45,000-65,000 a year
Arch Amenities Group is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.