The Virginia University of Integrative Medicine (VUIM) is seeking a Part-Time Massage
Therapist for our Vienna, Virginia location.
VUIM is a private, non-profit institution dedicated to producing educated healthcare
practitioners highly skilled in Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine, trained to provide the
community with affordable healthcare services while fostering the growth and practice of
Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine. We are institutionally accredited by the Accreditation
Commission for Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine (ACAHM) and currently offer both
master’s level and Doctorate level degrees in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. Our
master’s degrees in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine are also accredited to be offered in
the Chinese Language and Korean Language. The University operates a full-service Academic
Teaching Clinic as well as a Private Practice Clinic where Students and Professional Licensed
Practitioners of Acupuncture deliver care to patients through each of our campus locations
(Vienna, VA; Ridgefield, NJ; Duluth, GA).
Who We Are Looking For:
We are seeking a part time massage therapist to establish and grow our new Massage Therapy
service offerings that are being introduced at our University’s Academic Teaching Clinic. This is
an employee, W-2 position, not a 1099. We are seeking a team player who is a resourceful,
proactive, entrepreneurial individual looking to be a part of changing the approach to wellness
and healthcare in the Washington DC metro region.
As an institution of Integrative Medicine, we continue to develop as a place for healing and
learning that considers the whole person and all aspects of lifestyle in the delivery of care. This
entails further exploring the therapeutic relationship between the practitioner and our
patients, by making use of all forms of appropriate therapies; massage is the first additional
therapeutic modality we will be offering.
We look for employees who are invested in and live by the Golden Rule; team members who,
by nature, believe in treating others as we would want to be treated. We look for individuals
who have a heart of compassion for the health and wellbeing of their clients, and share a
passion for excellence, exuding enthusiasm into everything they do for our patients and the
greater VUIM community.
Within the domain of Massage Therapy, we are looking for therapists trained in, and practicing
the delivery of, one or more of the following types of Massage:
What You Can Expect:
At VUIM Clinic we place a high emphasis on professionalism and customer service, all while
fostering a supportive and pleasant work environment.
Our new massage therapy services will allow 15 minutes of time between clients, provide all
linens, oils, creams, and other supplies necessary for massage, and offer our therapists the
freedom to practice their modalities in consultation with each client and their needs. You will
be provided with other essentials such as a uniform and local marketing for clients to be drawn
to the clinic.
• High School Diploma or GED. Associate or bachelor’s degree from an accredited
• Valid state license to practice massage therapy.
• Previous massage work experience preferred. However, no minimal prior work
experience required. (What we value most is a strong work ethic, reliability, and
personable demeanor that prioritizes the client/patient and their needs.
• Customer service experience, preferably in a spa.
• Must be able to build rapport with guest.
• Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
• Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Good verbal and written skills.
• Strong team player.
• A comfort level with product/service recommendations.
• Availability When Facility Is Open: This could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• The Clinic is open Monday through Saturday – 830AM to 6PM, closed Sundays.
Job Type: Part-time, Full-time, Employee (not 1099)
• Base Pay: $30/hour
• Per Treatment Commission: 10% of Treatment Price
o Individual Treatments are currently priced as follows, with package pricing to be
30 Minute Massage: $85
60 Minute Massage: $115
• Two uniform scrubs provided
• Scholarships available for exceptional therapists interested in pursuing a degree in
Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine.
• All massage supplies provided at our studio; no laundry required
o Free, Team Lunch Once a Week
• For Full Time Candidates:
o 13 paid holidays per year
o 10 days of paid vacation per year
• Currently, VUIM does not offer health care coverage benefits to its employees.