Unwind Wellness (unwindwellness.com) is a growing luxury spa brand with two locations
operating in Washington, DC and two more locations opening in 2023. We are seeking
well-trained, reliable and highly professional massage therapists to join our growing
client-oriented and positive team of professionals.
If you have strong attention to detail, are passionate about wellness and are looking for a
rewarding career (either full-time or part-time) please read more about our position below.
Position: Massage therapist (freelance contractor or employee)
Location: Washington, DC
Compensation: Competitive, based on experience and skills. Superior benefits package
including health insurance and retirement benefits with a generous company match.
Start date: Immediately; Send your resume to [email protected]
● Work as a massage therapist as part of a larger team and in collaboration with our
service and administrative staff.
● Provide a variety of massage modalities (swedish, deep tissue, sports massage,
combination and others) to meet the needs and requests of our clients.
● Ensuring the rooms are clean, well-organized and ready to accommodate clients
before and after each session.
● Bonus– Provide massage related add-on services (such as aromatherapy, hot
stones, scrubs etc.)
● Must possess a valid license or certification. Excellent communications and
collaboration skills with clients and colleagues. We are a client-focused luxury spa
and require that our staff contribute to and help maintain the gentle, relaxing
atmosphere at our locations.
● Punctuality is required. We are a busy spa with back-to-back bookings and cannot
accommodate delays. You would be expected to be on location before the start of
any booking to greet the client and ensure the room is organized.
● Remain compliant with all regulatory boards and continuing education.
● Professional experience is an asset but not necessary. Recent graduates of
reputable massage therapy programs with student/internship experience are
encouraged to apply.
● Respect the appropriate dress and behavioral/ethics codes for the spa. This includes
ensuring a distraction-free environment for our clients whether they are in session or
the waiting room (such as cell phones on silent or off, not socializing with staff in the
hall when sessions are in progress, etc.)
● Health insurance and retirement plans with a portion paid by Unwind
● One week paid time off (PTO)
● Staff discounts on services
● Flexible schedule with four easy shifts: Morning, Afternoon, Evening & Night.
● We’re a luxury spa brand with two additional locations opening in 2023. Join our
growing team of client-oriented, positive professionals!